The Office of Homeless Services oversees the Philadelphia Continuum of Care Homeless Management Information System (HMIS). This data management system is used to collect information about persons and families experiencing homelessness and those at risk of homelessness to provide them with housing and services to obtain and maintain housing stability.
Philadelphia’s HMIS is powered by Eccovia Solutions, Inc. (ClientTrack) with the following functionalities:
- Produce an unduplicated count of persons experiencing homelessness for each CoC
- Describe the extent and nature of homelessness locally, regionally, and nationally
- Identify patterns of service use
- Measure program effectiveness to identify needs and gaps
Providing and Maintaining Systems and Supporting Users
The goal is to ensure that our provider agencies have access to a HMIS platform that can be used as a tool to streamline processes and reporting. Our HMIS Lead and Project Managers work hand in hand with Eccovia Solutions, Inc. to:
- Design processes to achieve goals and support clients
- Design and monitor processes for maintenance of HMIS
- Develop configuration of the HMIS database to meet needs
- Provide technical assistance
The goal is to align the providers with the process so that every agency can confidently produce data that is consistent and compliant. Training is provided through the Learning Management System powered by iSpring that contains the following training areas.
Access the LMS Portal here.
- Standard HMIS operating procedures
- HMIS software features
- Client privacy, consent policies and procedures
- Report generation
In-person and online training can be scheduled. To register, email the Training Unit.
- Philadelphia HMIS Governance Charter
- PhilaHMIS Notice of Privacy Practices